Saturday, August 18, 2012

What happens when I have a sugar high



I-write-a-new-game-that-has-gnomes-and-gremlins-and-chocolate-and-trucks-and-tubes-and-kids-and *pant* *pant* *pant* no-butterflies-or-faeries-but-they-are-mentioned-on-the-pause-screen! 

Okay, breathing again.

Anyways,this is my touching tale of programming and chocolate.  

I love Easter chocolate.  Not Cadbury, or Lindt, or Ghirardelli, but the really cheap crispy hollow bunnies.  Right after Easter, I buy them in bulk (They are usually 50% off...GLEE).  I store them in the freezer, and snack on them lightly when I need a little sugar in my system.



The night I started working on Oswald's chocolate factory, I ate three boxes of mini bunny crisps.  They say they are mini, but  a box is like eating two chocolate bunnies.  I think I must have been majorly buzzing, because the game I was looking at the next morning (I really don't remember most of the work that night) looked like something that Hunter S. Thompson dreamed up.

I've been polishing it since, and am happy with where it is going.



I was hoping to have it done by the end of this month (I was also hoping to do a bit more blogging than normal this month...Sorry everyone), but I've been up to my eyeballs with Alyshia.  I would like to thank everyone who has posted comments on Kongregate.  Some people would play the game, get upset with something that didn't work, and walk away.  You guys gave me the opportunity to fix my mistakes, and improve on the initial concept of the game.  *hugs* for all of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment