Sunday, June 17, 2012

Forward in reverse

Daniel The Hero RPG. 

I'm just about done with the inventory system.  Enough to call it complete.  I have to add a few more player variables to make the potions work, but everything shows up and everything equips.  I'll call it 90% done, and leave the last 10% for later.

To that end, I decided to start working on the code for the dungeon itself.  Needless to say, there has been much screaming and gnashing of teeth.  The random dungeon generator was completed before I started seriously working on this project.  I figure, if I couldn't get that to work, I didn't want to waste my time on the rest of the code.

Maybe I was tired, maybe I was too sober.  Either way, I was making some really simple math mistakes, that somehow I kept missing when I looked through and traced the code.  Long story short, it works now.  You can't move around, and there is no loot or monsters yet, but there is a dungeon.  I'll post some more screenshots when it gets more interactive :)

On a side note, I've decided not to forgo coding the crafting system and limited dungeon visibility for the time being.  I'm going to see how the game looks with stores and full visibility.  If it looks like it needs the crafting or limited visibility, I'll code them at that time.  For the time being, though, I'm taking them off the To Do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment